Saturday, November 15, 2014

Upcoming Cosplay!

Hey guys! Exciting news! My awesome fiancé is working on getting us tickets to Dallas Fan Days (put on by the same people as Comic Con)!!! I'm so excited because this will be my FIRST con EVER. Do you remember your first con? How excited were you?! I've been wanting to go to cons since I was young, but never had the money or time. So now that I'm finally getting to go, I wanted to make it special! (Fingers crossed) We'll be getting the golden passes, so we can jump the lines at meet and greets, get priority access to panels, and more! SO. EXCITE.

Now then, the question of cosplay comes to mind. What should I dress as?! I thought about it long and hard and I think I have the answer. One day will for sure be my Rocket Raccoon cosplay (You can find the two part tutorials here and here), but I had trouble thinking of what day two should be. I think I've got the answer. 

I'm still not very into wearing wigs at the moment. I'm just not very good at getting them to stay in place and I'm still learning what makes a GOOD wig. So when I think of cosplays, I try to think of what I can do that will incorporate my natural red hair color. SO, I decided to do a gender-bender Chuckie Finster from Rugrats! 



I'm really excited about this one! I started planning out materials I'd need to get, and it turns out I already have most of them!
 
Funky blue/green shorts? CHECK. Gold/yellow tall socks? CHECK. Big blocky glasses? Sorta check...my actual prescription glasses look like it, but they're black, not purple...I might look around and see if I can find some fake glasses that are purple, and just wear contacts. 
All I really need to get for this cosplay is some red high top converse (Which I'm due for a new pair of converse anyways) and a blue t-shirt that I'll paint just like his. 

SUPER EASY. I can't wait to get started on this cosplay! Hopefully it'll be soon (over Thanksgiving break). I'll be sure to post a tutorial of how I painted the shirt!

**Amendment** Totally forgot to tell you about the hair and makeup for this cosplay! So far the plan is to go with just a simple minimal makeup look. Just basic skin tone shadows and simple liner and mascara. MAYBE if I can't find some fake purple glasses, I could do a light pallet of purple eye shadows, just to still incorporate the color :D
As for hair, the crazier, the better! As you know, I've got natural fire red hair! But during the winter time, the color doesn't "glow" like it does in the summer sun. Every now and then I throw some all natural RED henna on it, just to enhance my natural color. It doesn't change it, just gives it a sort of boost. Whenever I have it done, it basically looks like I have my own personal ray of sunlight following me around everywhere I go. It makes my hair look KILLER. I use Lush's Caca Rouge, which usually runs about $25 for a block. You can find it here! Depending on how dark or light your hair is, the red color will vary. The end result is AMAZING and always leaves my hair super soft! As for styling it, right now, I've got the idea of a crazy mixture of crimping and small spiral curling. Chuckie has CRAZY hair. I don't want to just load my hair up with gel or mousse, so I think crimping is the best idea. But I'm still on the fence of what exactly I want to do. As soon as I can find my old crimper, I'll try to do a test run and let you guys know how it turns out! Like I said, I'll be starting on this cosplay during Thanksgiving break (starting November 24th), so be sure to check back!! 

And of course I'll be posting about anything and everything else nerdy/geeky/cosplay related! Tell me what you guys want to see/talk about! What was your first Con? What did you go as? Let me know in the comments!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment