Friday, November 7, 2014

Treat Yo' Self

Howdy Y'all! Kenzie here! TGIF! No classes today, got most of my homework done and out of the way, and I thought (after the rougher than hell week I've had), you know what Kenzie? I think it's time to "TREAT YO' SELF!"


So what did I do to treat myself? Glad you asked!
First, I took an extra long time doing my make-up today :D
I think my recent time binge watching grav3yardgirl has made me long to do my make up all fancy-like, like I used to. I used to do my make up ALL THE TIME, but it just takes so much time ya know? And when you've got a 8 am class, it's just NOT that fun to wake up at 6 am to get all that shizz together. But, in honor of TREAT YO' SELF DAY, I decided to go all out!



OOOooooOOOooooOOOOhhhhhh! AaaaaAAAAhhhhHHHHhhhhHHHH! Make up! (Side note - Still kinda regretting cutting my hair...It was all the way down to my lower back, and I cut over 9 inches off. Don't get me wrong! I donated to charity and was HAPPY to do so, but good god it's taking forever to grow back! once it does, I'll probably bleach the ends and dip them in pastel teal :D Mom, if you're reading this I'm sorry. I know you love my red hair, but I gotta do something fun to it!)

Now that I look like an acceptable human being, I thought it was safe to go outside. I went to my favorite place in town! Sadly I couldn't go to my favorite diner Shortcakes (HOLY BREAKFAST that place is amazing), but I went to Hastings! First off, if you don't know what the amazing-ness that is Hastings, I'm terribly sorry for you. It's kinda like a catch-all store. It's got books, movies, games, movie/game rentals, music, instruments, AND AN AMAZING AMOUNT OF GEEKY TOYS. (Intrigued? Check out their website!)

Now, normally, when I want to treat myself, I immediately go to the phone cases. As mentioned in my about me, I. LOVE. PHONE. CASES. It's kind of an addiction. But ever since I crossed over from an iPhone 4s to a Galaxy s5 (WHICH WAS A GLORIOUS SWITCH), I've had trouble finding cases I like. I mean, I had a pretty WICKED case collection for my iPhone. The CharaCovers were especially my favorites (I had Pinkie Pie and Batman). ANYWHO. When I couldn't find any cases, I made my way over to my other addiction...Vinyl POP! figures.


Then, this happened...
Harley FREAKIN Quinn. One of my favorite characters of ALL TIME. I was so excited to see her because sadly, I'VE NEVER SEEN HER IN A STORE. Now, you might say, "well, why didn't you just order her Kenzie?" Well, I'm terribly impatient. I hate waiting for things in the mail and the terrible anxiety that comes along with the waiting. I just like buying things in stores so I can have it that day. I'm weird, I know. But we all are in one way or another.

I was so excited to get her! and for only $10?! You bet your ass I snagged her!
After looking around the store a little more I picked up a couple other things. A "Sheldon Cooper's Council of Ladies" shirt and a waterproof suction speaker for my shower (I told you, it's like a Broadway musical in there every time!).

So when I got home, I started inspecting the back side of the box, planning what POPs to buy next. . .
Wait a minute...there's TWO Harley Quinns?
AH. HELL. YAH.
So one figure has the cork gun, and with the other, she has her mallet. 

My thoughts exactly Spongebob. I NEED IT. Smart move POP! YOU KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN. I hate you and applaud you for it at the same time. 
That Harley Quinn with Mallet will be mine!

But for now, I'm satisfied with the Harley I have :3

Now Batgirl has a friend to hang out with ;P



It's the little things guys. How to y'all "treat yo'selves"? I'd love to know! Leave a comment! 

No comments:

Post a Comment