Sunday, January 25, 2015

Mail Time Goodies/Treat Yo Self



What's up party people!? Hope you're having a splendid day! You ready for today's dosage of nerdiness? I know I am!

First off, a package came in the mail that the Hubs and I have been waiting on for a while! We ordered some blind box scouters (Dragon Ball Z) from Think Geek! So excited about these things!!! And let me say, they're pretty flippin' sweet.



So, since Aaron and I are living in different states, he had them shipped to the house back in Texas, and I got to first watch him un-box his over Skype. Since it's blind box, we didn't know what color scouter we were going to get. The options were: Green, Blue, and Red. He opened the package and we got one green and one blue! Now, right after we ordered the two scouters, we placed dibs on who would get what, so with that already sorted out, he got the blue and I got the green. And let me just say, I'm stoked with my choice! :D

Some assembly is required with this scouter, but it's pretty self explanatory. Each box comes with the pieces to the scouter, and two cards that you can use to read the power level of different characters. Aaron, knowing my favorite character is Trunks and not sure if I would get his card, slipped HIS Trunks card in between the box flaps, JUST IN CASE I didn't end up getting one (Thanks hun :P).


The assembly is really easy. You just have to slide the black headpiece into the white ear piece and then slip the scouter lens into the white ear piece where the red button is.
AND VOILA!

The fit is kinda awkward, but it IS adjustable. It even fits over my glasses, so I can look EXTRA goofy. But for the most part, I think it looks pretty awesome!

The red button makes one and only one sound, but you can make it go for as long as you hold the button down. But the coolest part of this thing? It actually reads the cards. Now, it's no CRAZY technology. It's just kinda like those 3D books you would read when you were a kid (if you grew up in the early 90s like me). But none-the-less, it's pretty awesome and I was VERY amused.



Pretty sweet huh!? Maybe it's just me, but I found it very entertaining and worth the $10. But, having watched DBZ with my brothers almost every Saturday morning, it will always have a place in my heart! Final judgement, the level of coolness is OVER 9000.


Now then! You're probably thinking, "That's so exciting! That's gotta be all she got in the mail! That's TOO much excitement!!", and I'm sorry my friend, but this time you're wrong! The Celestia that Aaron bought me a few weeks ago, finally arrived too! (Thanks to my mom visiting me up here at school!)


Isn't she beautiful?! I love it already! As you probably know by now, I kinda have a POP! addiction. Everytime I go to the comic book store or Hastings, I typically walk out buying a POP! I can't help it! THEY'RE SO CUTE!!

She's so PERFECT. Aaron always does a good job at picking out the best POPs for me. She's a little bit bigger than the average pony pop, and her hair makes her a tad bit top heavy.



I think she might be my favorite Pony POP so far. She's just so cute and I'm in love with her hair!

Are y'all as crazy for POPs as I am? What POPs are you looking for now? Let me know in the comments!

NOW FOR TREAT YO'SELF.

Since my mom came up for a visit this weekend, we do what we always do and went shopping together :D We love shopping together and we always have a blast. Now, I won't go in to super detail and bore you guys with EVERYTHING I bought, but there was a few items I thought were worthy of sharing!


I mean, COME. ON. How perfect is this dress!? Now the sad news, I didn't buy it. . . I'm so bummed and kinda mad at myself for it, because it is BEYOND perfection. It fit like a glove, it was SO comfy, and that print...that...print. Just some stupid voice in my head said, "would you REALLY wear this? I mean, outside of Comic Con, where would you wear this?". So, listening to my stupid brain, I opted to get the skirt of this print instead.

The skirt was a great purchase, but I'm realllly wishing I bought that dress. Thinking about going up to the store to get it, but that "logical" part of my brain just won't shut up!! Anywho, if I do go back, y'all will be the first to know! Haha.


Welp! That's about all for today you guys! I hope y'all have a good day and had a great weekend! Anybody do anything exciting? Work on any cosplays? Let me know in the comments below! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment